Site Meter cat about the house: this patch of fur needs extra licking

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

this patch of fur needs extra licking

see this fur right above my tail? well, i guess you can't see it. but i can. and even though i had spent a good part of my afternoon grooming myself, i can tell that it's not quite up to my usual standards. it doesn't have that silky sheen that i prefer. before i set myself to fixing that area of fur, i may take a closer look to see what might have caused this inconsistency.

it might be dust or something, it's hard to tell. i napped in my chair for most of the day, and there's no dust there - so i don't think it's that. food? nah, it doesn't smell tasty. it does smell familiar though.

anyway, rather than ponder that question much further, i decided to just get to licking myself for what seems like the twentieth time today. after a few licks, and smoothing down the area with my paw, it occurred to me that the stuff in my fur was eerily reminiscent of kitty litter particles. yes, that's what it must have been. dust from my litter box. that's just fantastic - i just spent ten minutes licking cat litter.

of course, i recognize the great irony in this. but there's a different approach a cat like me takes to grooming one's self normally, and after a visit to the sandbox. maybe it's just a mental thing, but man, that wasn't pleasant for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< | J | ?| L | >